Friday, July 29, 2011

Global Politics Summer School Phnom Penh 2011


GP Summer School Cambodia

International Conflict Resolution in the Age of New Media
July 14 - 27, 2011 in Phnom Penh

Two weeks had ended, I, one of the participant at Global Politics Summer School 2011, am very happy in joining this program. The 31-participant from the four countries are very friendly and active. They are from Austria, Germany, Vietnam and Cambodia. Most of the Cambodia student are from the Department of International Study and Department of Media and Communication.

It is funded by DAAD and corporate with Royal University of Phnom Penh, University of Social Sciences and Humanities at Vietnam National University Hanoi and the center of Global Politic at Free University Berlin. New history have opened for Cambodia since it's the first time was held in Phnom Penh.

The courses:
1. New Approach to Global Politics (Prof. Dr. Klaus Segbers)
2. Media and Journalism in the European Context (Prof. Dr. Siegfried Weischenberg)
3. Media and Politics in the Cambodian Context (Vichea Tieng)
4. Reconciliation Processes in Comparative Perspective (Dr. Wolfgang Form)
5. Vietnam as a Regional (security) Player (Assoc. Prof. Dr. Pham Quang Minh)
6. EU External Action and Crisis Management (Dr. Marco Overhaus) and
Extra courses: Regional Conflicts and Regional Orgnizations: EU and ASEAN in Comparison (Cheunboran Chanborey), Regional Border Conflicts: the Case of the Cambodian-Thai Border (Cheunboran Chanborey), Peace and Conflict Resolution Cambodian Vicil Wars (Dr. Boraden Nhem)

It's a great chance for everyone to meet these great people, they are very potential and knowledgeable on the subject that they are lecturing. Also, the students from Cambodia and Vietnam are very friendly, and active. It seem like we all have something-oriented that make us feel so happy to see each other. Most of them are very great, intelligent and kind. I feel really good to involve in this course. Firstly, I know a lot of information about Vietnam that I have never known before. Vietnam is very develop and modern than Cambodia thought they are communist country, but the students are very smart and potential to get the scholarship in other country. They really enjoy their lives such as hanging out with friends at very late at night. For me, live in Phnom Penh, I never know where the night club and even don't dare to go there. I used to stay late night to 12pm but it was because of a festival not hanging out for fun. However, I think we should appreciate what we have and think of what could be done more. Second, they are very friendly in asking us to email or call them when we get to Vietnam, Hong Kong, or Berlin. The group that we create in Facebook is very active and we seem to miss each other a lot, though most of the time I don't speak to them. We do enjoy the last moment of farewell party. Thanks to the program coordinator, Franzika, and local cordinator, Vatey, and espcailly DAAD who giving the fund to make this great program happened. Last but not least, I learn more new knowledge about what Global Politic is, Transitional Justice, EU role, and the conflict between other country in the world. Though sometimes, I try very hard to understand what the course is about but I do appreciate that, because it have alert or give me more idea on what the world is about. Learning media, we should try to attend as many workshop as we can to get more understanding.

I would try my best to learn from the opportunity that I get and learning from the people around me. Many of my friends are moving very fast and so successful in their career and study, so as their friend, I can't go backward, I need to moving forward as well though it maybe just a small step compare to them. People is different and has each unique point, it's hard to compare people, so just do what we can do and be satisfy with what we do.




No comments:

Post a Comment